Ansonia is a small city in west central Connecticut.
The Route 8
freeway was constructed in the 1950s and early 1960s through the area. Many design features, including interchange ramps, are considered substandard now. Studies are in place to improve several of these interchanges.
- SR 501 (to 1939) (now part of CT 334)
- SR 514 (1954-1962) (now part of SR 727)
- SR 552 (1951-1962) (now part of CT 243)
- SR 734 (1962) (now part of CT 334)
- SR 735 (1961-1962) (former CT 8)
- SR 743 (1962-1963) (now part of CT 243)