Ansonia is a small city in west central Connecticut along the Naugatuck River and Route 8.
The Route 8 freeway was constructed in the 1950s and early 1960s through the area. Many design features, including interchange ramps, are considered substandard now. Studies are in place to improve several of these interchanges.
- CT 8 Freeway from Bridgeport to Winsted
- CT 115 Main Street and North Main Street, to Derby and Seymour
- CT 243 Pulaski Highway toward New Haven
- CT 334 toward CT 188 in Seymour
- SR 727 Pershing Drive and Bridge Street
- SR 853 Division Street
- SR 501 (to 1939) (now part of CT 334)
- SR 514 (1954-1962) (now part of SR 727)
- SR 552 (1951-1962) (now part of CT 243)
- SR 734 (1962) (now part of CT 334)
- SR 735 (1961-1962) (former CT 8)
- SR 743 (1962-1963) (now part of CT 243)