• Summary An old 0.95-mile route in Ellington
  • From Jan. 1, 1932
  • To 1963
Former Route 140A
Route 140A mapThis very old drawing illustrates what happened to Route 140A.

Route 140A was the original number for Maple Street in Ellington, between the Park Street (today's short 140/286 connector at the town green) and Route 83. At the time, Route 140 followed Main Street southeast to Route 83.

In 1963, Route 140 was realigned and extended to Stafford; Route 286 took over the Main Street segment of former Route 140.